THE SIGNAL BOX

BRANCH LINES

 

SOUTH WALES
at the turn of the Century

KIDWELLY

Kidwelly signal box
Kidwelly box actually dates from 1885, although this isn't obvious at first sight because a new top portion has been provided in 1950's style.
The lever frame was removed in 1983, and all signalling here is now worked from a small panel.
Nevertheless, the Absolute Block system applies to the adjacent boxes at Pembrey and Ferryside.

Photographs by Roger Bailey

Comments about this article should be addressed to Roger Bailey